The Ghorepani trek is a colorful short journey into the Annapurna region. The trail winds through patchwork valleys, dense mossy forests and past icy waterfalls where you can stop to cool your face. Around every corner is a tantalizing glimpse of the high mountains, whole horizons of which will be revealed to you as you reach the high points of your trek. The climax of this trekking is to climb Poonhill at dawn to enjoy one of the most spectacular mountain views. As the sun touches the snow-capped summits the Himalayan giants, Dhaulagiri (8167m), and Annapurna (8091m) along with a mae of other peaks, slnowly begin to appear, like magic, before our eyes. Enjoy trekkin in the spectacular mountain scenery through charming villages inhabited by the Gurungs, dense rhododendron forests full of birds and deep sub-tropical valleys, all set below the Annapurna with the picturesque fluted peak of Machhapuchhre (Fish Tail Peak) dominating the skyline.
- One of he 20 things you should do before you die!
- Surrounding by ring of impressive mountains -Annapurna Fang (Barah Shikhar), Chulu Peaks (East & West), and many other countless peaks with views of Dhaulagiri and the Kali Gandaki from the Poonhill!
- Terraced farmland above Pokhara with combination of pretty villages; Hile, Banthanti, Ghandruk
- Shortest way to glimpse the beauties of Annapurna region
- Beautiful fir, juniper and rhododendron forests in Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP)
OUTLINES OF ITINERARY
DAY 01: ARRIVAL TO KATHMANDU (A)
DAY 02: DRIVE TO NAYAPUL, TREK TO HILE (1400M) 8 HRS DRIVE, 2.5 HRS TREK (A,B,L,D)
DAY 03: TREK TO GHOREPANI (2860M) 7-8 HRS (A,B,L,D)